Who we are
Purple Penguin Pebble Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Purple Penguin”) values your privacy. This policy effective July 25th, 2021 applies to information we collect.
1. Personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personally Identifiable Information
We may obtain your: name, email address, telephone number, credit card details, billing address, geographic location, IP address, blog comments, and social media handles (Personal Data).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also use this information to improve our website, reporting, and advertising for our products and services.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, we will update or remove your personal data in our records. Please email us at [email protected]
2. Types of Information We Collect
Log Files and Storage
The information in log files includes your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site, the time you visited our site, and which pages you visited throughout our site. All information is secured from unauthorized use or access.
Cookies, Pixels, Geolocation
Cookies help monitor website traffic, provide social media functionality, and provide a better visitor experience to our website. We also use pixels to track and measure the performance of our Services and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising.
Some of the cookies used by our site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses. We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Information shared with payment providers to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
We accept payments with Shopify. By using this extension, you may be storing personal data or sharing data with an external service.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We accept the following cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Tether, Tezos. When processing transactions, some of your data will be passed through Coinbase.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
There are certain circumstances in which we may share information collected through our site with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, similar event, or steps taken in anticipation of such events (e.g., due diligence in a transaction), user information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants, Vendors, and Related Third Parties. Purple Penguin, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, and we may provide access to or share your information with these companies so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, shipping, fraud prevention, payment processing, legal services, and maintaining databases.
- Legal Requirements. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about users upon a valid request by government or law officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, without limitation, subpoenas), to protect your property and rights, or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to stop activity that we consider illegal or unethical.
- Your consent. We may share your information if you consent to the sharing of your information.
- Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on our site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use our site and provide certain features to you. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of our site. This information may be used to place interest-based advertisements on the site. This may result in you seeing advertisements for our site when you visit other websites.
- To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
6. How we protect your data
We employ well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your Personally Identifiable Information. However, we cannot control all the users and activities on our website and elsewhere, and therefore we cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
7. Information collected from children
Purple Penguin does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Our Services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our site and/or submit any information.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Purple Penguin, please contact us [email protected] and we will delete that information from our databases to the extent required by law.
8. Canadian-Based Service
Our center of operation is in Toronto, Canada. Your Personally Identifiable Information is held in Canada and any transactions are processed by trusted third parties. By using our services, you acknowledge that you agree to these data policies.